Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 2 months ago

Things to know/do before visiting Rochester, NY?

Friends and I (party of 4) like to go to random places every year and Rochester was picked. We've never been there before and we plan on visiting in late November into early December and have a few questions. 

Due to covid, are there any major restrictions we should look out for? Restaurants, attractions, etc?

What's the weather like? How are the roads for travel?

What's there to do this time of year? 

What's it like for you all?

Etc.

Would appreciate it if we could get some insight before going. Like I said, we've never been to rochester and don't know what to expect

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Local street maps badly misrepresent distances in Rochester, much more spread out than appears.  Little worth seeing beyond the photography oriented museum.  Visiting at a cold time.

• 2 months ago

Anyone looking to travel for pleasure this winter in the midst of the pandemic exploding has to be insane and utterly sociopathic.

Stay the frak home. No one wants you coming to their city now.

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

We had to attend a professional music convention there many years ago, in November.  Killing winds, and horizontal blowing snow.  Pick another city.  We live in NY State, and there are plenty of good spots.  Just do not come here to the Hudsin Valley.  We are over run with NYC people - who neither vote not pay taxes here.  

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

All I know is you'd better bring artic wear as it can be beyond bitter cold. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.