Should I be concerned if my friend finds mayo spicy?

My friend is a grown-*** man and I've heard him describe mayonnaise as spicy. He has the weirdest taste in the entire world. He once went to a burrito place and asked them to make a burrito with no spices or flavor and then had the gall to complain about how the burrito had no taste. Is this a white thing? I am not a white man so I wouldn't know. This is not a joke. Please any advice is appreciated.

• Your friend can't be helped if he finds mayo spicy.  I can assure you that it's "not" a white thing (I'm one of those white guys who actually LIKES spicy food from other parts of the world, grateful to our neighbours around the world who have influenced what we eat for the better).

4 days ago

It is NOT a white thing, I could out eat you in the spicy department all day long. Your friend just has a low tolerance for flavorful food, maybe he finds vinegar (mayo base) to be stronger than most people. I have know people like that - thankfully never cooked for them...but there are people with sensitive taste buds (probably from being picky and never stretching limits, but mostly just more sensitive than average person).

• 5 days ago

I wouldn't say be concerned, everyone has different food tolerances and flavor palattes, so he might find some foods hard to deal with. Odd though that mayo would bother him, maybe it was spicy mayo?

• kswck2
    5 days ago

He may have an issue with the stomach lining. My Mom has that. She has convinced herself that she will get sick if there is ANY kind of spices on a dish-and I've seen her do it. 

Her favorite dish is her soup-water, (boiled) ground beef, carrot, rice, onion, celery-in a pressure cooker till dead-that's it. Not even any salt and pepper. It is absolutely inedible. 

• 5 days ago

It's not a white thing, it's a weird single individual thing. 

• J
    6 days ago

I’m white and I can’t understand that. Nothing worse than bland food. Everything needs seasoning. Who the fûck asks for food with no spices and doesn’t think it will be bland? And mayo is not spicy lol. I think it’s gross, but not spicy. Hot sauce is spicy. Some people are just weird. I’ve worked in restaurants all my life, and I’ve had some very strange requests. 

6 days ago

It sounds like your friend does have the weirdest taste, although it could be something he has no control over.  He finds mayonnaise spicy and it really isn't.  Some people just like plain or bland, and it's not just a white thing, it's just the way people like their food.  

• 6 days ago

He probably had spicy mayo and thought it was real mayo