Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 weeks ago

Is it normal to have a personality change this late in life ?

So, I’ve been a loner all my life, am talking I have no close friends or friends at all, and the people I’ve talked to that weren’t family were because we worked together so like four times I’ve hung out with them outside of work. I’m not even close to family, literally the only people I speak with outside of work are my mom dad and siblings, and my son.

I was never in any after school activities as a child or went to church on a regular basis or socialized much, this spilled into my adulthood as well because that’s just the way I grew up so I never thought any differently or felt I was missing out or missing something, if anything, it was draining to be around a group of people.Now, am in my early 30’s, and just the past I’d say, 3 days I’ve been going through an internal stage where, I’d like to try out social media and connect with people, have friends, go out, socialize. A few changes are happening in my life such as siblings moving away, people I work I was close to that moved. I’d like to stay in touch, which before wouldn’t have bothered me that they were gone.

@fireball, am a Scorpio if by “giving you my birthday” you mean my astrological sign.

10/28

• 6 days ago

Yes... It is normal... We are just human... 

• miffy
    1 week ago

Yes its very common.

1 week ago

It would be more strange not to change.  I'm a good deal older than you and looking back I can say that there has been "tweaking" in how I interact with people driven by changing external circumstances and also long arcs that have finished and then become something new.  for example, the first half of my life was about "gathering in."  I learned things because I thought they'd be useful to me or interested me.  I was chasing a career to build myself up.  I wanted stuff and had a kind of list in my head about the things that I needed to earn, like I wouldn't have been satisfied buying my dream car with a lottery win, I needed to earn it.  I travelled a lot for work and loved it.  I hated being office based, hated projects that ran for over six months.  I'd get itchy footed.  Then one day I started to feel the distant tug of a changing tide and I fought it at first because I didn't understand where the change was heading.  Now I'm in a phase of "disbursement."  I want to stay in one place, really know it and improve it.  I want to take the useful knowledge I gathered in and give it away to those who might find it useful.  I find it easy to give things away.  I don't really long for possessions anymore even though I didn't "complete" my list.  I do a lot of volunteering these days.  And a lot of socializing with people who aren't even my "type."  Maybe it is a personality transplant, but it feels like a natural and organic thing, like the next step along the way.  I wasn't wrong when I was younger, ambitious and extremely selective about the company I kept - but one day I was just done with that phase.  It sounds like you're going through your own stage change.  Just go with it and see where it takes you.

Personality changes are possible at any age.  There is an ancient Chinese saying to the effect that "you are a new man every seven years."

The catch is always simple - to change, you must WANT to do so.  And remember, a thing worth doing is worth doing well.  Don't make a halfhearted attempt at change.

The human mind is constantly changing all the time zxjqbf

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• (A)

You need a tune up with self help Cds.Consider Bob Griswold super strength CDs to correct Your programming.

Your world and your source of contact is changing since family and friends are moving away, you are feeling the need to expand your social resources. I think this is a very normal development

It is completely normal to change a lil or a lot. At the end of the day it is all for the better so why not..

You can go out and make new friends.

Or you can get hobbies.

Indoors and outside.

Photography,hunting,puzzles,games etc.

If you would have given your birthdate we could have helped u more...CHURCHES HAVE GROUPS for all ages...try Methodist or Episcopal sometimes...good luck.