Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

What's the best kind of motor oil?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

As a Master Mechanic I've been running Valvoline High Mileage Synthetic Blend in my cars that have over 100,000 miles on them. I'm happy with Valvoline. The biggest thing about changing your oil and filter is to do it every 3,000 miles if running regular motor oil and every 5,000 miles if you use synthetic oil. The biggest mistake is when people don't check their oil level every 1,000 miles and keep it topped up to the upper dipstick mark. 

• 2 months ago

The BAX is TOTALLY WRONG HERE! VAVLOINE is NTO worth it at ALL !It emits harmful ACIDIC vapors that EAT up RUBBER PARTS< like diaphragms and PCV hoses! It makes SLUDGE< TAR< WAX< ASH< COKE and VRANISH deposits EVERYWHERE it comes from a company in the south called ASHLAND! WHAT do you EXPECT. In REALITY there are only a FEW oils worth using! if you use PENNZOIL ULTRA PLATINUM< it gives a warranty our to 500,ooo miles! it is NOT made from crude oil it is made from NATURAL GAS! MOBIL ONE is REQUIRED in many cars or the warranty is VOIDED out! PENNZOIL is the official oil of FERRAR< but aside from that it keeps the engine, rings, piton tops and PCV systems CLEAN as SHOWROOM and this include things like THROTTLE BODY and IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVES< EGR valves and the CONVERTER and O2 sensors as well! The BAX should KNOW THIS and NOT recommend an oil that NO FACTORY on EARTH WILL USE! Ford uses CONOCO PHILLPS. GM uses DEXOS rated oil only! VALVOLINE is a SLUDGE MAKRE and cannot handle HEAT at ALL! Pennzoil gives that UNREAL warranty and you only have to change it ONCE or TWIC a year! AMSOIL is ANOTHER One that is EXCELLENT! You can drive for 25,000 miles and change the OIL FILTER midway to get a WARRANTY! REG OIL and WAX reduction oils are just JUNK< pure and simple! with Pennzoil your TURBO is protected and same for the[pricy converter and exhaust systems! The BAX needs to do some RESEARCH. NOBODY uses VALVOLINE ANYWHERE if they want engines and parts to LAST! VALVOLINE returns to the ASH and WAX from which it CAME! Also EVERY engine in the JUNK YARD got there using VALVOLINE. EUREOPAN BASED oils are AWESOME like TOTAL ENERGY OIL from FRANCE< MOTUL, Ravenol, LIQUI MOLY. WAX REDUCTION OILS are JUST plain ROTTEN they t=rot PCV hoses and even BRAKE BOOSTERS over time as the ACIDIC vapors g4et into EVERY PART and leave TARRY COKE on all the rings>>PURE JUNK>>>>>

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Best for What?

Best for your budget? Any good name brand mineral detergent oil . Castrol, Mobil,  Shell, etc,

Best for engine longevity; full synth. Again, Mobil, Castrol, any major name brand.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The sort you don’t have to change every 3000 miles. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Edd S
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Do not use Pennzoil in any 4 cylinder car.   Motor rebuilders have shown me many engines and pointed out the ones that died because of Pennzoil.   They have bought some other companies lately so maybe their , once good oils, might not be so good any more.   I shall be doing research on this for my own use.  It crysallizes.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A 100% synthetic (with the right viscosity).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Every car comes with a manual and recommends the proper oil and change times.. Open it up and read..

• 2 months ago

The oil that is right for your vehicle.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Fully synthetic of the correct viscosity/weight. It does everything better than mineral oil especially regarding clean emissions. Ignore any scaremongering on here as there will always be those who have no clue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.