Eric asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Should I buy plane ticket now or on Cyber Monday?

Planning on buying tickets to go San Antonio on Dec.5 they’re priced at $277 right now. Do y’all think it’ll be cheaper on those days or should I go ahead and buy now before they get more expensive. 

PS. Mainly referring to people who have previously shopped on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. 

Thanks in advance

PS. I could get 10% off if I purchase before 11/17

Buy the ticket now rather than waiting.

Expect prices to increase as available seats decrease. More people are traveling since travel restrictions due to COVID is easing. I recommend purchasing sooner rather than later.

Source(s): Work part-time at an airport.
  • MS

Airlines rarely offer Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals.  If they do, it's on specific routes and on specific dates - it's not going to be a certain percentage off any ticket.  

If you plan to fly on Dec 5, then you should purchase as soon as possible.  In most cases, the price of a flight increases as you get closer to travel time, and that's especially the case within the last few weeks before travel.  Every once in a while you get lucky and the fares drop at the last minute, but that's pretty rare these days. 

Plane tickets that go on sale on cyber Monday wont be for immediate travel.  They'll be for travel at least 21 days later. 

MAYBE

No guarantees your seats will be on sale at some future date.

No guarantees they will not sell out before you buy.

IF you think it is a reasonable price then just pay it.  Wait for a better price and you might not be going.

Do you look for the cheap work arounds for your hand sanitizer too.

don't fly. ur gonna get covid