Eric asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Should I buy plane ticket now or on Cyber Monday?

Planning on buying tickets to go San Antonio on Dec.5 they’re priced at $277 right now. Do y’all think it’ll be cheaper on those days or should I go ahead and buy now before they get more expensive. 

PS. Mainly referring to people who have previously shopped on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. 

Thanks in advance

Update:

PS. I could get 10% off if I purchase before 11/17

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Buy the ticket now rather than waiting.

• 2 months ago

Expect prices to increase as available seats decrease. More people are traveling since travel restrictions due to COVID is easing. I recommend purchasing sooner rather than later.

Source(s): Work part-time at an airport.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Airlines rarely offer Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals.  If they do, it's on specific routes and on specific dates - it's not going to be a certain percentage off any ticket.  

If you plan to fly on Dec 5, then you should purchase as soon as possible.  In most cases, the price of a flight increases as you get closer to travel time, and that's especially the case within the last few weeks before travel.  Every once in a while you get lucky and the fares drop at the last minute, but that's pretty rare these days. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Plane tickets that go on sale on cyber Monday wont be for immediate travel.  They'll be for travel at least 21 days later. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

MAYBE

No guarantees your seats will be on sale at some future date.

No guarantees they will not sell out before you buy.

IF you think it is a reasonable price then just pay it.  Wait for a better price and you might not be going.

Do you look for the cheap work arounds for your hand sanitizer too.

• 2 months ago

don't fly. ur gonna get covid

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.