Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 2 months ago

Do most on the left just hate organized religion, or all spirituality as well?

Such as New Age things, psychics, astrology, etc.

There are plenty of people on the left who belong to organized religion, and/or believe superstition.

• Tom

Leftists are usually just looking for a "free ride" and lack of restrictions on their behavior----if not out to be outright Dictators and controllers of others themselves.  In either case, Religion, morality and "higher thought" gets in their way--either making them feel guilty, be criticized by others or Get in the way of more NEFERIOUS plans for domination of others.---"Imagine a person I want to order, putting a Superstition about a 'God' above ME!"   No wonder they get angry.

Ironically, the people who insist on evidence ignore my answers. I recently answered a question about the politics of people who believe in astrology, citing Pew Research, a well-established and respected source. The great majority of Americans do not believe in astrology. Of those who do, Democrats outnumber Republicans by a wide margin. The margin is much narrower with other "New Age" beliefs, such as belief in psychics. 

It is painting with a very broad bush to say that "people on the left hate organized religion." Obviously, there is mutual antipathy between Evangelicals and liberals, but there are other religions. 

What atheists hate over all, is to be taken for idiots by nonsense stories, like: religions and sects. 

lefties love muslims who murder gays and christians. they only hate christianity, because the left is run by j3vv$. phil 3.2 beware the dog who says you must be circumcised to be saved

No body hates your imaginary anonymous friend . I've never seen proof of your 

god.  Your bible calls it the " evidence of things not seen ." Hebrews 11/1  .

That might be your Skydaddy and every time religion or god is referenced you are not specific as to WITCH god . Ignostics think god is too vague of a term to discuss . 

If you ask about Zeus that can be answered .

Here again disagreement is persecution to Christians . Next is " You can't prove Skydaddy does Not exist " as per common projection and deflection .

It's not your god that's disliked it's theocracy but i've given you too much to look up already 

Just organized religion. I don't care if you want to light incense and place crystals all over your home. 

• ?

Religion divides people. It always has and it always will. I don't necessarily hate it all, but I see how harmful it has been to humanity -- specifically the Abrahamic religions. I wouldn't call psychics and astrology "spiritual", but no matter -- I just think they're silly.

Liberals support secularism. I'm sorry that word is too complicated for you.

They're more for supporting organized crime and attacks on those with different opinions.