Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 2 months ago

Do most on the left just hate organized religion, or all spirituality as well?

Such as New Age things, psychics, astrology, etc.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

There are plenty of people on the left who belong to organized religion, and/or believe superstition.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Leftists are usually just looking for a "free ride" and lack of restrictions on their behavior----if not out to be outright Dictators and controllers of others themselves.  In either case, Religion, morality and "higher thought" gets in their way--either making them feel guilty, be criticized by others or Get in the way of more NEFERIOUS plans for domination of others.---"Imagine a person I want to order, putting a Superstition about a 'God' above ME!"   No wonder they get angry.

• 2 months ago

Ironically, the people who insist on evidence ignore my answers. I recently answered a question about the politics of people who believe in astrology, citing Pew Research, a well-established and respected source. The great majority of Americans do not believe in astrology. Of those who do, Democrats outnumber Republicans by a wide margin. The margin is much narrower with other "New Age" beliefs, such as belief in psychics. 

It is painting with a very broad bush to say that "people on the left hate organized religion." Obviously, there is mutual antipathy between Evangelicals and liberals, but there are other religions. 

• 2 months ago

What atheists hate over all, is to be taken for idiots by nonsense stories, like: religions and sects. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

lefties love muslims who murder gays and christians. they only hate christianity, because the left is run by j3vv$. phil 3.2 beware the dog who says you must be circumcised to be saved

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No body hates your imaginary anonymous friend . I've never seen proof of your 

god.  Your bible calls it the " evidence of things not seen ." Hebrews 11/1  .

That might be your Skydaddy and every time religion or god is referenced you are not specific as to WITCH god . Ignostics think god is too vague of a term to discuss . 

If you ask about Zeus that can be answered .

Here again disagreement is persecution to Christians . Next is " You can't prove Skydaddy does Not exist " as per common projection and deflection .

It's not your god that's disliked it's theocracy but i've given you too much to look up already 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Just organized religion. I don't care if you want to light incense and place crystals all over your home. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Religion divides people. It always has and it always will. I don't necessarily hate it all, but I see how harmful it has been to humanity -- specifically the Abrahamic religions. I wouldn't call psychics and astrology "spiritual", but no matter -- I just think they're silly.

• 2 months ago

Liberals support secularism. I'm sorry that word is too complicated for you.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They're more for supporting organized crime and attacks on those with different opinions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.