Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why is college being pushed on everyone?

It's too hard, It costs way too much. It doesn't teach anything 

but government-propaganda. Most of our mathematical, 

scientific, medical and historical theories are LIES LIES LIES 

and obsolete before you even set foot inside a classroom. 

Your thoughts? 

• .
    Favorite Answer

They are pushing urbanization. Colleges were devised in the North under the guise of a "meritocracy" and to discredit the Antebellum South and the agrarian society. Resources and money are being funnelled into colleges to make people become like machines, to idolize money, and to sublimate all human energies for the benefit of state industries. They are still building this new world and erasing the old one.  

My thoughts?  An intelligent person would know better than to post that in Religion & Spirituality.  No wonder you couldn't cut it at college.  Enjoy your sour grapes.

5x6x50x$35.00 is $52,500. Not 200K. They should have attended school . 

Wow.  You have an incredibly negative idea regarding university.  I loved my time there, and found it very valuable for my life.  It didn't give me a job per se, but, it make me a better person, in my opinion.  Can you achieve success without it?  Of course!  The mechanic near me advertised for a trained mechanic, and did not get a single reply to his ad.  It seems, we need more tradesmen in all sorts of areas, and the pay in trades is really good as well.  However, education is a positive thing, and NOT what you think it is!

Americans Believe you are a Failure if you don't Go to University

But never asked How Much does a Plumber earn an Hour in the USA how about up to $35.00 an Hour 6 hr day 5-day week and 50 weeks a year no overtime about 200,000 a year

and No University

About half the people in college at any given time have no business being there and would be better served learning a trade like plumbing. 

There's a finite number of jobs that require a degree so encouraging people who can't compete for those jobs to spend all of that time and money to go to college is wrong. 

I think college is being pushed less today than at any point in the last 30 years. It used to be that a college degree was a meal ticket to an easy life, but today a degree is only as good as the person who holds it. Plus, predatory lenders have pushed the price of college so high that the average graduate faces $30k in debt.

Starting salaries have also fallen relative to the cost of living, so it takes another 20 years to pay off the loans. That means if you graduate at age 23 with a Bachelor's Degree you'll be 43 before you're debt-free, and that's assuming you don't incur any other big ticket items like a home or a graduate degree.

But there's no propaganda. The entire point of college is to teach people how to think critically. If you're so weak-minded that you allow yourself to be brainwashed that's your own fault. 

Join the navy and see the world.