Is it ok to refuse gifts that are useless, are being forwarded and evidently past an expiry date?

It is the gifting season, and there is so much stress on gifting things to one another. I have noticed that a lot of gifts are rewrapped and forwarded to me. I am sure it happens all the time. 

I feel these are really dishonest gifts and I am better off without them. I received items that are past an expiry date, or passed on ( and they are frayed), and either discounted items, which fall apart at the first instance. 

I am really at a loss to tackle these kind of gifts.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Just toss them or donate them if you find a place that's open to take them. With the world in a global economic upheaval surely a lot of people are having regift and recycle this year. Just remember that the time they took to even think about giving you a gift means something. Not everyone is going to be able to put a full battery of nice things under the Christmas tree this year. 

Just say thank you, and then give them to a charity shop / similar if you have no use for them.

• Katy M

If you feel that they were given to you just to get rid of stuff, then absolutely, jsut say no thank you.  If it's all the other person can afford, graciously thank them and then quietly get rid of it later.