Lord Shiva asked in SportsCricket · 2 months ago

Why is Cricketing salary high, but Senior Software Engineering salary very low in India ?

No pun intended 😎

Expenditures in US are not as high as salary but again only a small fraction will make it US depending on quality.

• 6 days ago

India's big IT services companies have ganged up to keep the salaries of freshers low, taking advantage of the oversupply of software engineers at the entry level. That's the problem with the Indian IT (industry).

this is a very nice question. I don't know it.

this is pretty good question

Thousands of people do not pay money to watch software engineers do their work. 

I think cricket is love as god and cricketer are worship as god. each young child play and watch cricket. In India cricketer get a lot of endorsement in adds and other money earning action.

So I offshore a job that costs me $100,000 in the US to Delhi for $33,000(say 20LPA in 2005). ... Why do companies in India pay so low to engineers? ... What type of software engineer has the most demand and greatest salary? ... do not care to understand that the expenditure there when converted into rupees is also high.

im from uk ..over 60 years ago i was a milkman for my first job ..started at 14 ..we delivered bottles of milk to houses every day ..i used to meet the hampshire county cricketers  .they were selling paraffin ..a heating oil ..this was to supplement their wages every winter as they were so poorly paid ..they went around houses selling it ..anybody in IT them days were extremely highly paid ..how times have changed 

Probably like every other supply demand issue - one has very few people available and is therby demanded more other has surplus of people in field and thus dose not feel need to offer more money per person.