Darla
Darla asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 4 months ago

Have you ate fried fish and what did you pair it with?

Favorite Answer

It depends on the type of fish. There are some fish that can be eaten with stir-fry veg or steamed veg, some with chips, etc.The best pair I've had with it is sweet and sour stir-fry veg.

Seasoned potato wedges, garlic and herbs mash potatoes, or fettucine alfredo with chopped up fried fish. Also, I have eaten buttered noodles with Lemon-garlic battered fish deep fried. Mmmm.

You know how I like it? With salsa. And warm tortillas. 

I love fried fish with rice and spinach sautéed in garlic and olive oil. I miss the mackerel breakfasts my mom used to make. She'd bread and fry up some mackerel and serve it with home fried potatoes.   

Source(s): personal preference

I’ve eaten lots of fried fish. Pair your fried fish with some fries. Crinkle cut fries are the best.

Yes. I paired it with vegetables. Since fried fish is dry, it is good to pair it with something that is juicy. Vegetables like broccoli,  asparagus, couliflower, or salad ( green, pasta salad) works great!

• denise

Recently we had battered / fried fish with chips / fries & bread + butter.

I also like the battered fish in a bread roll [sandwich] with tartar sauce.

• kswck2

Since it is a White fish. a really good Thunderbird, shaken, not stirred. 

Yes, deep fried fish with chips and mushy peas.

• Mog

Yes. Macaroni and cheese. 

If you mean battered fried fish, I’ve been to London so fish and chips is a must. They pair it with vinegar. I pair it with sriracha mayonnaise or tartar sauce. 

If you mean an actually fried fish, it’s usually smothered in soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and scallions. Like all Chinese foods, you pair it with rice.