? asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 2 months ago

Can I opt in for leather seats in my 2020 Corolla?

The material the seats are currently made of is rather uncomfortable for long drives. I love my Corolla and I know it may not be the most luxurious car for long drives, but it meets my needs. I have one of the basic model Corollas. And by long drives, I mean, one hour one way, another hour back.

The lower models get the familiar cloth upholstery, while the XLE and XSE get leatherette seating surfaces. The higher trims also get a stitched effect on the dashboard, doors, and even the seats. You can also opt for the leather-wrapped steering wheel and ambient lighting which are standard on the XSE trim.

You should buy seat pads. Leather won't make it softer. It's the seat padding. I have noticed that newer cars have harder seats. My 1999 Camry has always had soft seats even when new, but my 2018 WRX and my 2015 Jetta have firm seats. Understandable on the WRX, but not on the Jetta. I recently test drive the 2020 Camry XSE and the seats were pretty firm, even with leather.

It would be far cheaper to get seat covers.  

• F

I doubt if it’s an option for the Corolla, so you’d have to get them done separately. 

You will spend upto £2000 without adding anything to the value of the car, abd never get your money back when selling.

Best bet would be to get a completely new leather seat and keep the original in pristine condition for when you sell. You can then get some money back on the custom seat. 

But seriously? The standard seats are more than adequate for 1 hour drives.

• Ron

You can opt to purchase the factory leather seats for a significant cost. You think a one hour drive is long. That's really pathetic

• ?

Can you "opt in"? No, you can take your car to an auto upholstery shop and PAY DEARLY to have them recover your seats in leather.

You have my permission to make it so.

Aftermarket seats are available for ALL CARS.

Well then you shouldn't have bought the car. Sell it and get something else. The seats cant be that uncomfortable.