? asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

My mother is dying in the hospital. Because of the virus I can not see her, what can l do?

She has an Intestinal blockage and too weak for surgery. I can not see or even talk to her on the phone. Because of the virus they don't allow anyone to visit. 

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

This is happening in the U.K. as well, also in our Care homes. She can ask one of the Nurses to phone you, then speak to her. Or phone the hospital and ask what you can do. Someone will have a cell phone.

Lucy seems rather ignorant of the current situation.

my mom was sent to the emergency room october of of this year too. they didnt let anyone visit unless their family was close to passing away. 

I'm not clear on what's stopping you from talking to her on the phone.  Is she too weak?

My friend's mother was in a similar situation in Sunnyvale, Ca, but the family was able to communicate through video calls on a tablet.  Maybe you can get a tablet to her through the sterilization procedures.

Try asking if the hospital staff can make exceptions zbjq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Where are you located?

In the US, hospitals have been limiting visitations since June but not stopping them.

I know in the UK, they are still stopping regular doctors visits which resumed in the US in May.

You can ask your staffing if they will make an exception.

• kelvin

you also fail at trolling

• ?

Hello concerned one sorry to hear this troubled news praying you and your family find the strength beyond what is normal to endure this difficult time and the courage to keep going and keep your mom memories close to your heart. May these words and promise comfort you soon on one will day I am sick anymore. Isaiah 33:24 

How can people be so cold.  Every single word is completely true.  Why would I lie about not being able to see my mother.  The hospital wont allow vistors in California.  I'm just desperate to be able to see her again.

I don't think a single word of this is true. Too many errors, too many impossibilities.... try again.