Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

what kind of car to get?

I do not know what kind of car to get but I am thinking of Lamborghini but am not sure are there anymore sports cars out there?

And it is not from toys-r-us it needs to be a drivable car, not a playing car.

Favorite Answer

A Lamborghini is an "exotic" car. To purchase a new one costs more then most of us will earn in a life time and a used one is not much cheaper if at all.

Better to get a sports car that is more humble, like a Miata.

If you have a few dollars more there are other roadsters (two seaters with a drop top) and coupes (two seaters with a fixed roof)  out there that are production models from several different manufacturers.

If you want some thing unique, there are AC Cobra clones and several other models that can be found ready to drive. Custom build to your specifications.

The next step up are cars like Morgan's, which is one of several different low volume production cars. There are waiting lists for cars in this range.

Take some time and do some study on sports cars and figure out if you what to buy something that is old (like a MGTD or Stutz Bearcat) or something new. Also figure out if you can afford insurance and to keep the thing on the road. Some of the exotics require new tires every 500 miles or less and the set of tires will cost more then a new Miata.

I honestly don't think you can sell out that kind of money every other tank of gas.

chevy volt...........................

Get a used MX-5 and be happy with it. Or, an RX-8. It will leave you Some

money for retirement.

My "Sports car" is my Harley FX. Cost only $6K. Paid For, fix her My Self.

• JOHN B

Has to be a Lambo. There is no substitute. Jerk!

I know what it is like.  When all your friends and neighbors all drive Lamborghinis , it just seems natural that that is the only one to get.         Do not forget about the Toys-R-Us so quickly.  They will open your eyes to many many possibilities.

Consider a Franklin Pirate - not as common as a Lambo or Ferrari so you'll attract even more attention (which is what it's all about).

No. Lambos are the only sports car available.

the car needs diff lockers and 2 feet of ground clearence the Lamborghini wouldn't stand a chance against the bull bar and wouldn't make it up my driveway.

A Toyota 4wd could drive over the top of the Lamborghini

If you can or could afford an Lamborghini, you would not be here on YA asking such a question. So that makes you nothing but a troll who can't even afford a car. 

Why not have a look at the Toys R Us website - they have lots of different sports cars.....