Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

Am I diabetic?

Sometimes if I don’t eat well, by night time I will suddenly start to feel weak and dizzy so then I’ll eat something sugary and I’ll feel better

Am I diabetic or is this because I don’t eat well?

This is what I eat in a day usually:

I live by myself and I don’t know how to cook so here we go:

I wake up and I drink my coffee with a bar of chocolate 

Then I’ll eat a bag of chips or something

And then for my “main” meal I’ll usually eat one small bowl of white rice with either soy sauce or just plain yogurt (about a cup of rice) 

And that’s it for the day

Sometimes my meal will be a plate of air fried fries and that’s it 

• Shay
    Favorite Answer

Nothing about your description would indicate diabetes.

What you have is malnutrition in general.  You are not eating enough calories per day.  You are not eating anything that has a substantial level of vitamins and minerals for your body's needs.  You very likely have low blood iron - which is a great reason for feeling weak and dizzy - and eating something sugary would give a little burst of energy and make those feelings go away for a short time - but would not be a substitute for long term better eating and better health.

Add a daily vitamin to your routine.  Pick a decent "all in one" daily vitamin that also has iron.  This will help make up for some of the things you are missing in your diet.

Next - when you go to the store - go to the freezer section and find the frozen meals.  There are many varieties.  They are not the "healthiest" things because they usually have a high sodium (salt) content - but they are certainly better than the junk you are eating now.  Pick some REAL MEALS and heat them in the microwave for your lunch and dinner if you can't actually cook.  

You are not diabetic, if eating sugar makes you feel better, easy enough. If you were diabetic, eating sugar would make you feel WORSE. Your diet is awful, plain and simple. 

Not necessarily it’s more that you don’t have Anorga food to function. Your brain needs glucose etc 

• Andy C

Diabetes II IS eating sugars and white flour products.   

Your doctor will understand.