Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

Will taking one 5 mg of oxycodone and two glasses of wine kill me?

How much would be needed to kill me?

I'm sick of being in pain. I have taken 2 oxycodone plus 2 tylenol and it don't help.

I have not been taking it longer than 7 days. 

Taking medication if you're in pain is ok. However - taking ANY medication with any form of alcohol is dangerous. While you may feel no 'harm' initially, your kidneys are feeling it, and will tell you in a very painful way, years down the track as you get older. It's when you're older that all the 'ok'  (!!!) things you did when you were younger come back and bite you big time. The only way to take medication, is with a FULL glass of water. A 'mouthful' of water isn't enough for the medication to dissolve in your stomach, so you'll be looking at damage to your stomach lining years down the track as well.  

• Joe

It'll just put you to sleep.

Even if I knew how much you would need I wouldn't tell you. I hope no one else does either.  Ask someone you know for help. It's available and I know because I needed it some years back. I'm still here and very grateful.

It probably won't kill you but it has likely resulted in severe mental retardation.  Sadly, this is irreversible.  

probably not. see a pain specialist.

Don't exceed the recommended doses of any medicinal drugs. You may not be aware that the combined use of Tylenol and Neurofen (or Ibruprofen) can have a noticeable synergistic action. Take Tylenol and wait a couple of hours, then take Ibruprofen, then another 2 hours and take Tylenol and so on.  

So where is this pain really? If you don't have a heart condition, TENS might be able to help you via natural endorphin production from non-invasive acupressure on certain points of the body.

I would hope not 

• ?

Read the leaflet that came with the medication.