Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

How can I know Jesus or how can he know me ?

Should I start voting Republican to help with that? 

Favorite Answer

Political affiliation has nothing to do with where you spend eternity. Read John's Gospel which was written to show people how to have eternal life (John 20:31).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

You'll find Christians at all points of the political spectrum.   Your vote should be based on whom you think is best for the office he or she is running for, not because you think voting a particular way will win you brownie points with the Lord.

Acts 8 is a model of conversion see a priest or pastor 

By His voice, John 10:27, you will know him, and He will know you.  Compare Heb. 2:9.

Opposite. Republicans ignore Jesus and opt for the jet owning preachers. Democrats are more like what Jesus taught. 

Buy a new hat and maybe Jesus will take a shining to it.