please close the door?

If I am a hotel owner and I want my guests to remain the door closed while they are using the bathroom so that water vapor may not cause a fire alarm glitch, what would be a good sign to put up?

Please close the door when you use the bathroom.

Is this okay? Or

Please keep the door closed when using the bathroom.

This is better?

Favorite Answer

Either way of saying it is okay.  However, I think you should specify that it's the bathroom door you want closed, and also the reason why.  Also, isn't that only an issue when a person is taking a shower?  If so, I think you should say "...when taking a shower" rather than "when using the bathroom".

You want guests to KEEP the door closed  . . .     

What would be a good sign to put up?

Please keep the door closed when using the bathroom so that water vapor does not set off the fire alarm.

"Hotel room smoke detectors are sensitive to steam from hot water in shower. To ensure steam does not activate the hotel room's smoke detector, whenever bathing or showering, please keep bathroom door closed."

If bathrooms in hotel rooms come with bathroom exhaust fans, I would recommend they turn them on also whenever bathing or showing. 

"Hotel room smoke detectors are sensitive to steam from hot water in shower. To ensure steam does not activate the hotel room's smoke detector, whenever bathing or showing, please turn on the bathroom exhaust fan using the switch located next to the light switch, and keep bathroom door closed."

The second one.  Add: "to avoid water vapor accidentally setting off the fire alarm." Hotel bathrooms often have an automatic air extractor.