Sean asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Can I wear non prescription glasses?

Would my eye sight deteriorate if I were to wear non prescription eye glasses for the rest of my life? (I like how I look with glasses).

I know they’re not prescription but could my sight go decrease from wearing them all the time?

Why don't you get an eye exam to see if you really need glasses or not? Even if you don't you might be able to buy frames and get just clear lenses in them. Or if you really do need them then the lenses will be prescription even if it is very mild.

They wouldn't improve your eyesight as much as prescription glasses.

No.  If there is no prescription/magnification, it won't impact how your eye focuses.  It is no different than using sunglasses.  

Your eye sight can, and probably will, change over time.  Most people over 60 lose their ability to focus very closely and need reading glasses even if their distance visions remains sharp.

• Murzy

Plain glass ok...magnified not good

not is they are completely clear--no different than looking through a window