Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

How do I become a Christian and love Jesus? ?

I was told by a Calvinist that he hated me and would never hear my cries and he used a Bible verse about God not hearing cries 

Favorite Answer

The "god" of Calvinism is not the God of the Bible. The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ paid for the sins of the entire world (John 1:29) and that anyone who simply believes in Him has eternal life (John 3:16). The biblical doctrine of total depravity is not "total inability" as Calvinists wrongly define it. On the contrary, we do have a free will and we are all responsible to believe in Jesus Christ for His free gift of eternal life.

I recommend going to YouTube and watching sermons by Pastors Tom Cucuzza and Ralph Yankee Arnold. They are very clear on explaining the Gospel of grace and exposing the errors of Calvinism.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

Turn from and abandon your sins and trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord.

"Love thy neighbor as thyself". 

To start out as a Christian you should start by drawing up a list of all the people you are meant to hate - Jews, Muslims, atheists, Pagans, Goths, Christians in other cults, etc.

That person lied. Do you think the one who made the ear does not hear?

God loves you... so much so that he traded his own life to ransom yours.

Jesus called himself “teacher” and “Lord”. Go to him and see what he wants to teach you. If he is the Lord as he claims to be, then he will reveal that fact. He doesn’t need me to prove his deity to you, nor could I.

Read the gospel - the almost-too-good-to-be-true good news - according to Mark.

Here’s a link:

https://biblehub.com/niv/mark/1.htm

How to become a Christian, Go to one of thousands of Churches and it is filled with people who can direct you to getting SAVED.

How to Love Jesus. Jesus Himself taught How when He said "When you do it to the least of these, you do it to Me" Therefore what you do to others is what you do to Jesus Christ. If you fail to love others, then you fail to love Jesus Christ. Woe to this generation indeed, who give Jesus lip service, but their hearts are far from Him.

The best way is to be indoctrinated from birth into Christianity.

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be in heaven when you die.  When a person dies, they will be in heaven or hell, and they can't get out of hell if that is where they go.  To not go to hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your works.  Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all our sins, and who resurrected from the dead.