Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 3 months ago

Which city is better to live in? NYC? Or DC?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

NYC, you can pick a district, which fits your life style.

DC is a cesspool, you would have to live in and communte from  Virginia or Maryland to find decent housing.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

New York. It offers so much more than DC does.

However, it is extremely expensive. You need a very good income to live well there.

• 2 months ago

It really depends on different aspects of your life and what you're looking for. NYC has an abundance of living situations, but the price is on the higher end. DC is beautiful and very modern. The real question is, which can you afford? #citylife #travel 

• 2 months ago

I preferred DC when I lived there, but it really comes down to your personality and preferences.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Unless you are an elected official or government employee, there is absolutely no reason to live in DC.

• 3 months ago

New York is the most moved out of state in 2020.  New York City is a terrible place, and while there is an amount of money in the world you could pay me to set foot in that city again, no reasonable human or country would pay it.  People were not meant to live on top of each other 50 deep with garbage and sewage backup wafting through the air.  

The people of DC are like a cult - you just can't escape inane political discussion there because everyone works for the federal bureaucracy or alongside it, the weather is hands down the worst, homelessness and poverty are out of control, where you went to school determines how people treat you, and the crime rate is insane.  However, at least it's not New York.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.