Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

How long do TV's last these days?

• ?
    3 days ago

a good bet not as long as my 1991zenith color tube tv,80 bucks it cost in  early 2ks.delivery to my door,plus a used fridge made in the 50s

u guys who blow down 4k bucks for the new stuff are coo coo birds

Forever ! Still use the TV we bought in 1955.Good old Decca

you mean actually how long do they keep going or how long until the guidelines they uphold become old.

• ?

TV's WHAT?   .

even old broken unplugged 1970 tv set will show the antichrist using tesla's ether; that's why you should get rid of all electronics asap; forgive me.

• chorle

I lot longer if it isn't in the home of someone who smokes.

I was really impressed by the film coating inside for tobacco smoke a tv my electronics glass got from a bar before smoking inside was banned.

Depends, do you mean physically how long do they last or how long until the standards they support become obsolete?

• ?

they are designed to last as long as there warranty , longer  is lucky .some things last 5 - 10 years but are warranty is only 12 months , thus they last as long as the warranty , any longer then your lucky ..

My TVs last anywhere from 6-10 years, I have a 11 year old LG that still works.

I also had a crappy AOC brand TV that lasted a year before some of the capacitors burst and corroded the power supply.

It's a crapshoot if it says "Made in China". You can get 10 years but don't be shocked if it's only 2-3.