Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 2 months ago

I need help with physics. I don't understand what I'm suppose to do?

https://www.physicsclassroom.com/Physics-Interacti...

This assignment is used to demonstrate how the various calculations for centripetal motion actually look like.

To receive full Credit, you need to show the calculations work for each of the various numbers assigned to you.

Just numbers will not result in full credit.

All the calculations Done need to be verified with this Simulation

First Set Of Calculations find the centrieptal acceleration at a Speed of 20 m/s and a radius of

1. 10m

2. 20m

3. 30m

4. 40m

5. 50m

Second set of Calculations Find the centripetal acceleration at a Radius of 20m and a speed of

6. 10m/s

7. 15m/s

8. 20m/s

9. 25m/s

10. 30m/s

Third Set of Calcuations (Round to the nearest hundreth in calcuations, simulation will not round that far) Find the Velocity of a centripetal Acceleration of 10m/s2 at radius of

11. 10m

12. 12m

13. 20m

14. 22m

15. 26m

Posted Thu Nov 5, 2020 at 7:16 am

Update:

1. How did the centripetal acceleration change with the increasing radius of the circle. Please provide numerical evidence in your answer.

2. How did the centripetal acceleration change with the increasing velocity of the turn. Please provide numerical evidence in your answer.

Update 2:

3. Based on the data from the above two answers, which of the two variables affects the centripetal acceleration the most and why. Include the numerical evidence to support your claim.

4.Based on the evidence above, write a CER for the following prompt. Is the safest turn while driving a slow and wide turn?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • NCS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

first set of calculations:

centripetal a = v²/r = (20m/s)²/r

r = 10 m → a = 40 m/s²

r = 20 m → a = 20 m/s² ... and so on

second set of calculations:

a = v² / r = v² / 20m

v = 10 m/s → a = 5 m/s²

v = 15 m/s → a = 11.25 m/s² ... and so on

third set of calculations:

a = v²/r → v = √(a*r) = √(10m/s² * r)

r = 10 m → v = 10 m/s

r = 12 m → v = 10.95 m/s ... and so on

Update #1: By the first set of calculations, increasing the radius decreased the centripetal acceleration (velocity constant).

Update #2: By the second set of calculations, increasing the velocity increased the centripetal acceleration (radius constant)

Update #3: I'd say velocity, because it is squared. But one could argue for radius, because it's in the denominator (and so small radii lead to big accelerations).

Slow wide turns are best. You can write the CER.

If you find this helpful, please select Favorite Answer!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.