Nina asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

What kind of pet can be left alone for 3-4 days?

I'm thinking about getting an animal, but I'm struggling to find the best fit for me. 

I don't have that much space - I live in a one bedroom apartment. 

Furthermore, I visit my family for 3-4 days every other week, so it has to be an animal, who can live (and thrive) alone for a few days. 

Any suggestions?

You cannot leave a rabbit, dog or cat alone for more than a day - leaving bowls of food down is irresponsible because they may eat it all in the first day or two ... animals need companionship - and even if you get two cats 2- 4 days is way too long...... so unless you have a kind neighbour who is happy to spend time in your flat every time you go away then DO NOT GET A PET as you are only being selfish. You can always walk a neighbours dog when you are at home. 

• ron h

There are several houseplants that you might like. Even goldfish need food and clean water.  Houseplants or snakes that eat live mice about once a week.

I would forget the idea all together, really. I'm not trying to be harsh but any pet left alone for a long period of time is not good. Why have the pet?

You could get fish if you could find someone from the apartment building to pop in for two minutes every day or so to feed them. Regarding a snake, if you were snake person I'm guessing you would have thought of that by now. My friend has a fake jelly fish lava lamp that is really nice.

A snake or pretty much any bug or fish. 

• ?

A plant..........

• *****

Snakes, if you have a timer set up for lighting and heating. There really isn't anything else that can go for days without being checked on and given fresh food and/or water. 

I'd agree with a snake. Corn snakes stay at about the size as shown in photo. You don't have to worry abut them becoming nightmarishly large. They can be so colorful and pretty. They are also easy to handle but don't mind being left alone for days or longer.

A snake.   They only eat once a week or less.

A snake would be quite content to have the place to himself for a few days

Get a gold fish or some other pet that can be kept in an enclosed space.