If a friend is very critical of you, then does that mean that they’re jealous of you?

I’ve been friends with this girl since high school (we’re seniors in college now) and during our senior year (of high school) she started becoming very judgmental and critical of me. She would make comments about me being too dark (I’m Black, and she’s Black and Asian), comments about my hair, and she even made a comment about how my car smelled like black people... We go to different colleges, so I haven’t had that mag chances to hangout with her. But the times that we do hangout, she’s very judgmental. For example, I was seeing this guy and I went to visit him over the summer. Whenever she and I are around other people, she always mentions how stupid I was to go visit a guy. Also, I have a problem with spiders in my house, so I put some mothballs in my closet to get rid of the spiders, and when she came over, the first thing she said was, “it smells very musty in here” This is just a few of the things she has said to me, but I’m sick of it, but I’m not sure how to talk to her about it. 

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Why bother to even talk to this one? Tell her to keep her opinions to herself. Its not welcome and no one is asking her. What you do, is up to you.  Tell her she needs to mind her own business. Id break up that so called friendship.

She doesn't sound jealous of you at all in what you have described. 

• ?

Sometimes people just grow apart and has nothing to do with envy. I'd limit my time with this person and be in no hurry to spend any energy on her. Just her comment about your car alone should have been enough for you to decide she's not really "friend material".

• ?

Not always. Some people are just rude, racist a holes.

She's not your friend.  Just drop her. Find new friends.