Is it OK for a 6-year-old boy to wear nail polish?

My nephew just turned 6 years old in July and ever since he was 5 years old he liked to wear nail polish his mom is ok with it but his grandma is not. I dont think there is anything bad about it cuz his mom lets him and I dont see a problem with it but what is your opinions. Is it good or is it bad?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

There's nothing wrong with it if that's what he wants. When my son was that age, he asked to paint his nails. I told him he could if he quit biting them. When he quit biting his fingernails, I bought him his own nail polish (he picked green) and no one made fun of him or thought it was weird. At the time, some guys were actually wearing nail polish, but it was usually black.

Unfortunately, he started biting them again a few weeks later, so he hasn't worn nail polish since.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

his mum is turning him into a gay, mabe she wanted a girl

• 2 months ago

make sure the child drinks it and make sure u book him in to ballerina lessons to

• 2 months ago

if his mom is ok with it and the kid likes it, i dont see anything wrong,i'd say do what makes you happy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hm.  I wear a matte nail protector just to protect them.  Nobody can tell it’s there and it’s acceptable.  He’s 6.  Let it go

• 2 months ago

Totally fine. Grandma needs to go eat it.

• 2 months ago

If he wants it, let it happen. It makes him feel good about himself. Don't start stifling that. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's bad because he's too young. Not because he's a boy.

I wouldn't let a 6 year old girl wear nail polish either.

• 2 months ago

What does his dad think?

Anyway, since you asked me, it's not OK.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Of course it's bad it's a boy he's not a girl don't make him a girl that's just unethical 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.