Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 2 months ago

I cut my finger should I be okay ?

I cut my finger by accident with scissors and a lot of blood came out I’m worried I’m going to get an infection or more I already cleaned it with water and I’m going to use a bandaid I don’t have anything that I can disinfect it with 

• ?

I usually use rubbing alcohol to disinfect, it is all I have. It burns, but that means it is working.

A lot of band-aids have disinfectant on them, so they should also help.

• ?

looks like a scratch i would get from my cat

it's probably all healed up by now, but if not... you'll be fine. :D boo boos go away fairly fast especially little ones. XD Hope you are feeling well. :)

I cut my hands and arms at work all the time.

that will heal in about 3 days.

I wouldn't even consider that a bad cut.

It is superficial.

you should be fine, you do NOT need to sterilize your finger, A single wash with soap and water is all that is needed, It doesnt need stitches, and there is no risk of tetanus.

Source(s): ER PA

I’m not a medic but that doesn’t appear to look terrible. Is it deep? Are the scissors clean or dirty / rusty? Did you rinse your hands straight away for about 5 minuets? If your tetanus shots aren’t up to date or you’re worried I’d go to A&E. Watch for signs of infection like pus (green / yellow coloured fluids) or / and fever and if these occur obviously do see your GP they’ll probably give topical or oral antibiotics.