Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Can you still go to Heaven without going to church?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, going to church doesn’t save you, but if you have been born again by God’s Spirit through faith in Jesus, you’re a new creation and you’ll have a special love for the people of God who have the same Holy Spirit within them. So you’ll want to regularly spend time with other Christians to pray/take communion/worship/bible study/encourage each other, even if at a home group or by inviting people to your home for fellowship.

In Hebrews 10 we are encouraged:

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Ecclesiastes 4:12Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Psalm 133:1 How good and pleasant it is    when God’s people live together in unity!2 It is like precious oil poured on the head,    running down on the beard,running down on Aaron’s beard,    down on the collar of his robe.3 It is as if the dew of Hermon    were falling on Mount Zion.For there the Lord bestows his blessing,    even life forevermore.

Matthew 18:19-20

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

James 5:14

Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

John 13:34-35

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You forfeit heaven when you reject your relationship with God. It's pretty difficult to establish a relationship with someone if you don't spend time with them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

SORRY NO, NO ONE GOES TO HEAVEN ANYWAY.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Perhaps, but only if God decides to perform a miracle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's unlikely, but yes it's possible. 

• Dejair
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cautious fight, bodybuilding, oral reading, meditation .

Easy: https://novaordemdejesus.com.br/

Medium: https://newmessage.org/

Difficult: https://urantia.org/

• In a certain way?

1) But the case is very rare, there are people who have lived their lives in their own way, and, at the moment of their death, have asked God for forgiveness for their sins, and, therefore, have been saved, by grace they will be in heaven.

In any case, it is risky to do it this way, because the word of God tells us this:

2 Corinthians 6:1-2.And since we are His co-workers, we exhort you not to accept God's grace in vain. 2 For he says: At the favorable time I have granted you, and on the day of salvation I have helped you. Here is now the favorable moment, here is now the day of salvation!

Therefore, the word of God says; today is the day of your salvation, tomorrow, might it be too late because of the unexpected?

As for attending the church, God says:

Jews 10:24-25.Let us pay attention to one another in order to incite us to love and good works, 25 not abandoning our common meeting as some do, but exhorting one another; all the more so as you see the day approaching.

• 2 months ago

It depends whether you don't go because you can't go, or don't go because you are lazy or rebellious. An infant who dies young and was never taken to church by their parents could still be saved. A grown man who called himself a Christian, lived close to a church, but never bothered to go would have a much harder time of it at the last judgement.

Apart from anything else, consider the words of Jesus at the last supper. Having established the eucharist ('holy communion') he commanded 'do this in memory of me'. That was not a suggestion, it was an instruction. That in itself is a reason to attend church, to participate in the eucharistic worship which Jesus commands. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, because works have no part of going to heaven.  Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ is what gets a person into heaven.  When a person dies, they will be in heaven or hell, and they can't get out of hell if that is where they go.  To not go to hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your works.  Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all our sins, and who resurrected from the dead.

• Jeff
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No.  There is no heaven.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.