Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 4 months ago

What are ways alongside wearing a mask to avoid getting Coronavirus now that it is on the rise and the 2nd wave is here?

Update:

I feel like it is Black Death. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

According to the World Health Organization, if you stand 1 meter (3.2ft) distance, you have reduced the chance of acquiring covid 82%

Wearing a 3ply cotton mask, you reduce your risk at least 30% (from the FDA).

Put them together and it's really hard to get covid.

But if you want to up your game, get a KN95 mask (FDA Approved, well fitting).  It keeps out 95% of small particles or wear 2 masks or a mask and a face shield.

Although, their is a 2nd wave, how is that impacting your local hospitals?  We have 50% fewer hospitalization than at the height of the crises and our local death rate has decreased from 2.9% March-June to 1.3% from July to current.

** realize there is some percent of the population that forgoes treatment, the cities are not telling us who these people are.  In my area 41% of the deaths are for people over age 80 and 37% of people over age 65 (i.e. 78% of the people are over age 65).-- we know younger people die too but they also die of the flu.  I had a work colleague age 37, completely healthy guy die last February of a basic staph infection (strep throat).  A couple of years ago, a neighbor aged 48 died of the flu.

Treatments like dexamethasone and albuterol have been excellent at stopping the escalation of symptoms. 

• 4 months ago

Stay home and starve to death.

• Marc
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Turn off the TV and stay off social media. Survival rate of 99.997%!!!! 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.