cj asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 months ago

Where were you during 9/11?

and what was life life afterwards? any good movies about it?

Favorite Answer

-In a job interview in Scotland

-worse relationships between Muslims and the rest of the world, especially the US and even more suicide attempts of Muslim jihadists, leading to even more suspicion of Muslims, who also sugarcoated this event and some were even proud of it

However, my life went on as usual except when taking the plane while traveling: more security checks and queues and always had to buy water bottles in planes and airports instead of bringing mine there and had to put the yoghurt I bought into the bin

-no, I do not know any good movie about that

I lived in Maryland at the time. I was at work, with the radio on. I thought it was just the morning show trying to be funny. And then I started really listening as people started sobbing over the airwaves. As they sobbed out that another plane had just hit the Twin Towers, as a plane hit the Pentagon, as another was diverted to a field in PA. It was surreal. It was an out of body experience. I drove home past soldiers clutching machine guns guarding the Navel Academy. 

United 93

Pre

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

I was 8 years old, in my house, watching TV.

• ?

i was in junior high.  i didn't really understand the grasp of it.  it was in 2nd period when they turned the tv on of the events happening.

12 strong - also a book based on horse soldiers

world trade center

zero dark thirty - about the hunt for bin Laden and the raid killing him - also a book could be based on No Easy Day by mark owen.

new york - a Bollywood film about Indian Americans living in New York right after 9/11, and dealing with the aftermath.

United 93

• Gonzo

I was a senior in high school. I remember some douchey kids were laughing about it in the hallways. sad. World Trade Center with Nicholas Cage was pretty excellent movie about it. Hope that answers your question. Life for me after that was the same as usual. 

I was at work.  I was in my office and a co-worker came by and mentioned that someone flew a plane into the WTC.  Well, if you'll recall like a month earlier there had been a cessna crash in NY that drew headlines.  So my mental image was of some drunk pilot slamming a cessna into it.  Certainly not a GOOD thing, but many orders of magnitude less alarming than what was actually happening.

So I just kept working.  I didn't even go to the internet for more details.  Then someone said they flew a second plane into the other building and that's how I found out something was up.  My company put the news on the projector in the main conference room, and almost the entire company gathered and watched. 

Life afterwards was ... life, I guess.  I worked about halfway between DC and Baltimore at the time.  I've driven by the Pentagon many times.  I've visited clients in DC.  That personalized it a little.  My mother called me to see if I was in DC or anything, and I told her I wasn't.  As we learned about al qaeda, this little terror group that you'd only heard of before if you really followed politics, and certainly no one conceived of being able to pull off something like this.  But then the Taliban refused to extradite Bin Laden, and everyone's attitude was 'Alright, it's on.  Get ready to get F'ed in the A, Taliban!'

Of course then that dovetails into the Bush administration's inability to war plan, and Iraq and all of that.  It dovetails into the Patriot Act which substantially surrendered alot of freedom for surveillance expansions that didn't really add anything to security, were supposed to be temporary we were told, yet are ALL still in place today.

I haven't seen any 9/11 movies that I thought were noteworthy.

• ?

at kindergarden

In work. My co-worker's wife called to tell him a plane hit one of the towers. 

• Kathy

I worked the night before, so I was sleeping.

• Jamie

I was in the London area . That morning I bought a C.D , played it when I got home and switched the T.V on when it was finished to see the atrocious events in the U.S.A. . My mum was on holiday in the U.S but far from NYC . Afterwards life was more terror conscious all over .

Source(s): ONS