What area of computer programming is this?

I want to make a program that will read text and tell me the main ideas. What area of computer programming will allow me to do this?

Update:

I don't want to do it to get out of reading a book. It is part of a bigger project where the computer will read the book and make a movie out of it.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Artificial Intelligence.  You want a machine to Optically read text and then not only put that text together to create a words, and even a sentence, but ALSO glean the meaning of that sentence AND - as if that weren't enough - you want a summary of the main ideas of the text.  Yeah, AI for sure.  

• 2 months ago

NLP (Natural Language Processing)

ML (Machine Learning) could also help achieve what you're trying to do.  Sometimes NLP uses ML.

• 2 months ago

May be Artificial Intelligence can do that and also by including some other programming languages

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

your brain does the translating and condensing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

think you are talking about so called artificial intelligence ..how come if you think there is artificial intelligence the how come a computer cant plug itself in !!!

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

"main ideas"? do you mean like a summary, or topics? or like tags and keywords? all of those would require A.I., some dictionaries (or more accurately, a thesaurus), and a little ingenuity. it's the same thing google does for it's search engine, so that "road" also searches "street", "path", and "block".

• 2 months ago

Computer science, the study of computers and computing, including their theoretical and algorithmic foundations, hardware and software, and their uses for processing information. The discipline of computer science includes the study of algorithms and data structures, computer and network design, modeling data and information processes, and artificial intelligence.

• 2 months ago

Probably AI or some sort of deep learning data system, To be honest if you have to ask you can't do it.

• 2 months ago

This would be a function of artificial intelligence (AI).

By the time you develop the program and interfaces you could read the book or paper and be done with it! As a matter of fact it would take reading the text yourself to see if it was actually performing as designed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.