Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

What sins can't be forgiven?

45 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Knowledge brings greater responsibility. Pilate’s sin was not as great as that of the Jewish religious leaders who turned Jesus over to the governor, nor that of Judas, who betrayed his Lord. (John 19:11; 17:12) Jesus told Pharisees of his day that if they were blind, they would have no sin, evidently meaning that their sins could be forgiven by God on the basis of their ignorance; however, because they denied being in ignorance, ‘their sin remained.’ (John 9:39-41) Jesus said they had “no excuse for their sin” because they were witnesses of the powerful words and works proceeding from him as the result of God’s spirit on him. (John 15:22-24; Luke 4:18) Those who, either in word or by their course of action, willfully and knowingly blasphemed God’s spirit thus manifested would be “guilty of everlasting sin,” with no forgiveness possible. (Matthew 12:31, 32; Mark 3:28-30; compare John 15:26; 16:7, 8.) This could be the case with some who came to be Christians and then deliberately turned from God’s pure worship. Hebrews 10:26, 27 states that “if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and there is a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.”At 1 John 5:16, 17, John evidently refers to willful, knowing sin in speaking of “a sin that does incur death” as contrasted with one that does not. (Compare Numbers 15:30.) Where the evidence indicates such willful, knowing sin, the Christian would not pray for the one so offending. God, of course, is the final Judge as to the heart attitude of the sinner. (Compare Jeremiah 7:16; Matthew 5:44; Acts 7:60.)

More information about it you can find in the website jw.org

Source(s): jw.org
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Not believing. That's it. Everything else is fine. Not believing is the real crime with this god. 

• 3 months ago

The foolish lies that believers imagine to be real cannot be forgiven when believers try to tell me to believe that nonsense.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

All sins that are truly repented and confessed can be forgiven. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven because the Holy Spirit is the voice of conscience, leading us to repentance. Once we reject Him from our life, we are no longer capable of true repentance, and therefore cannot be forgiven.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

There's only one that cannot be forgiven. That's the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It's tantamount to calling God a liar. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.

• 3 months ago

Murder, rape, actions that deliberately hurt others whether physically or emotionally 

• 3 months ago

Something to ponder, I will tell you something you might have heard, it's a saying that goes way back, the bible says earthly things are a reflection of heavenly things, I tend to agree with this, the saying goes like this " You can talk bad about me, you can talk bad about my father, just don't say anything AGAINST my MOTHER, or we gonna fight ", speaking against the Holy Spirit is the only unforgiveable sin if you get the picture, IF there's a Father and a SON, then who is the MOTHER? it wasn't Mary that conceived Jesus, she only gave birth to HIM. Just something to think about.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

• 3 months ago

not accepting Christ as savior

• 3 months ago

Sin isn't even real. It's just a tool used to corrupt people into converting to Christianity. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.