Steve asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

Can't turn belly fat into muscle, any ideas why ?

I always workout 3 times a week (cardio and weights) and diet has always been quite good aswel, so according to Google and websites it must be my age and genetics as I'm 42 

' What ! I can't understand is I've been working out for years but just in the last few months my waist has gone from 37 Inches to 40 !! 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Fat and muscle are two completely separate things. And, unless you are God, you can't turn one into the other.

As you age, you get fatter and your muscle mass gets less. So it gets harder and harder to keep slim and toned.

Just keep exercising and cut down on your calories and realize that you aren't going to hang onto your figure forever!

Only most of my calories are clean, who the fk has time to cook clean calories all time lol, I don't have time to cook lol

For one,because fat doesn't turn into muscle.  3 times a week isn't all that much.  Maybe your diet isn't as good as you thought.