Are Ohio and Florida the decisive states?

It's true that over the past 20 years, no presidential candidate has won without those 2 states.  I remember Florida was decisive in the outcome of the 2000 election.  And Ohio was decisive in Obama's re-election in 2012.  It seems that you can't win a presidential election without those states.  

Favorite Answer

Pennsylvania is also key this time around. That's why both Trump and Biden have been spending so much time there.

• kswck2

Well, Biden wants to rid of fracking. And guess what Both states do? 

• ?

WI MI OH PA FL NC  -  are all decisive states.  Cobble together enough of them and you win.  Don't need them all.

Whoever wins Ohio wins the election. 

That has been true for the past few elections.

It MIGHT not be true this time. Trump could win or lose in Ohio (he is marginally ahead) but I cannot see Trump winning the election this time. His incompetence is clearly visible and too many voters feel that he doesn’t deserve reelection......

Not sure. But both Ohio and Florida will be voting overwhelmingly for Trump this election. Likely double digits in both.

Ohio does not matter this year.  Florida still does.

• debra

PA-  I feel Trump will win, just got a feeling I can shake off.