What will happen to Adobe Flash Player after the end of this year 2020?

It said that it will no longer be supported on December 31st on 2020 of this year, what will happen will there be a new flash player after that?  I'm really wondering that!   What will happen after it no longer gets supported?  I'm really curious about what will happen to it at the end of next month? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It means that it’ll no longer be getting updates which would then make it a security risk as any exploits won’t be fixed. Browsers have started to disable it by default so you might need to manually enable it, I believe some are attempted block it completely which would be a bit more difficult to enable.  

There is no need for a new flash player as we already have HTML5

• 1 month ago

flash will no longer be supported, this means no more security updates and you won't be able to download it. if flash is installed, it will still work but it will be a security threat.

• 3 months ago

You won't be bothered by 'you have to update your Adobe Flash Player' any more.

• 3 months ago

It will Flash out of Existence. Just sayin. :) Everyone else answered it 100% so i had to make a lame Pun only i'll laugh at.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

It will stop receiving updates including security updates.

• 3 months ago

The end - no flash; or no updates, no support and browsers will stop supporting it over time.

The end of support was announced a couple of years ago at least, to give media creators time to rebuild things using newer standards.

There have been alternate systems based on HTML5 standards for around ten years now; it's down to the people who created things using flash to re-create them using the newer and more compatible standards.

Flash is a security nightmare, which is why some browsers do not allow it to be installed by default; it can be used to maliciously to add unwanted programs to a computer.

• 3 months ago

Support ends. If you rely on Flash, you need to find an alternative.

• 3 months ago

Flash has been irreverent for years, so chances are that not too many people will even realize that its gone. Flash had been replaced by HTML5 and other web technologies years ago also.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.