How can I believe Mark 11 that whatever I will have what I pray about?

How do I know I won't be disappointed?

Anonymous you must live a sad life.

• Elle
    Favorite Answer

Jesus rides into Jerusalem amid shouts of hosanna—He curses a fig tree, drives the money changers from the temple, and confounds the scribes on the matter of authority.   James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him aask in bfaith, nothing cwavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

• You have to read it in context. He was talking to his faithful disciples, who where faithful, because they chose to follow in his footsteps, which meant that they put aside things of the world and only praying for things that are selfless.

I am in Isaiah at the moment and our Creator says: you pray. You fast. You cry aloud, but at the same time, you do disgusting things. And you want me to listen to you? Go instead and help the poor, the widow. Give what you want to someone in need. Give a naked person a coat, etc and then, it will be my utmost pleasure to listen to your prayers.

If we are doing things that our Creator disapproves of but pray for selfish things like: more money. Prestigious work. A new car; house, latest device and so forth, then no, He is not going to give you want you want.

Go here and see the kind of prayers He listens too and how He responds. www.jw.org

• YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN DON'T YOU SHOESHOPPER3 OR YOU WOULDN'T TAKE THE WORD OF GOD DOWN!

THEREFORE, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED

"...The prayer of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect" (JAMES 5:16)! 

• ?

You cannot believe because you are outside Christian doctrine, even if you believe in God, all this will not save you if you do not do what God said in the Holy Scripture.

First realize that Jesus was speaking to his apostles whom he had also taught not to ask for selfish or trivial things. He taught them to pray for Gods kingdom to come, and for his will to be done. They could pray for anything that assisted their ministry.

God is not a genie in a bottle.