Why do I feel as if I'm being phony when I read the Bible or go to church when I'm going through something?

Favorite Answer

I don’t know your situation, but sometimes for me it’s because while I’m at church or reading the bible my mind keeps getting distracted by worries or thoughts about the stuff I’m going through. But God understands us, and He’ll help us keep our eyes on Him. He’ll remind us of His promises and His faithfulness if we ask Him and give our worries over to Him. Jesus is the Prince of peace.

Other times for me it can be because stuff I was going through made me feel bad about myself and it made me feel a bit mad or bitter at God. But it’s those times when we especially need to run straight to Him. The last time that happened to me, He reminded me that I needed Him more than ever and so I went straight into my prayer closet even though I didn’t feel like it, and asked Jesus to help me see the situation from His perspective and see myself and the other person as He sees them. And He totally came and blew my mind with His love and grace and truth and changed my whole perspective. God is a such good Father, and so very patient and gracious and generous.

Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

I would think you'd *want* to be in church when you're going through something.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

It's halloween . Go out as Harry Potter and that shouldn't happen .