Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Is it ok to confirm you’re invited to someone’s house?

A friend suggests hanging out at their house on a specific day next week. When that day comes, is it ok to call/text to see if they still want to, or should you leave it up to them to let you know what time they want you to come over (if they do)?

Even better, get in touch the day before - "Hi, just checking we're still on for tomorrow" and if no particular time has been mentioned already, add "Roughly what time are you expecting me?"

• mom

when someone invited you, ask them what day and time and let them know if you can make it or not. don't wait until the the same day to find out if it is on or not because that is rude. only call at the same day if you get sick and can not make it

Yes, it's nice just to message to say something like.. Are we still ok for Wednesday night? See you then!

• Foofa

It's always good form to send a text just asking if they're still up for the plans you made earlier. 

Quite common to confirm invitation/hang out still stands.

• Orla C

You can text and check with them, but shouldn't you all be social distancing/quarantining right now? 

i would just come, if they changed their minds they'll let you know

• Jerry

One usual way to do this is the "Do you need me to bring anything when I come?" call, like offering to stop and buy chips or something. Then you ask "So 3 o'clock is still good for you? I'm flexible if you need to change the time a little." 

Not only OK but  a great idea.