Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Is it ok to confirm you’re invited to someone’s house?

A friend suggests hanging out at their house on a specific day next week. When that day comes, is it ok to call/text to see if they still want to, or should you leave it up to them to let you know what time they want you to come over (if they do)?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Even better, get in touch the day before - "Hi, just checking we're still on for tomorrow" and if no particular time has been mentioned already, add "Roughly what time are you expecting me?"

• mom
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

when someone invited you, ask them what day and time and let them know if you can make it or not. don't wait until the the same day to find out if it is on or not because that is rude. only call at the same day if you get sick and can not make it

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, it's nice just to message to say something like.. Are we still ok for Wednesday night? See you then!

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's always good form to send a text just asking if they're still up for the plans you made earlier. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Quite common to confirm invitation/hang out still stands.

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You can text and check with them, but shouldn't you all be social distancing/quarantining right now? 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i would just come, if they changed their minds they'll let you know

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

One usual way to do this is the "Do you need me to bring anything when I come?" call, like offering to stop and buy chips or something. Then you ask "So 3 o'clock is still good for you? I'm flexible if you need to change the time a little." 

• 3 weeks ago

Not only OK but  a great idea.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.