Would you agree with The U.S. Postal Service that there is no "constitutional right" to timely mail delivery ?

"USPS admits delivery times are plummeting"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/usps-admits-delivery-ti...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

No. It’s a felony to tamper with people’s mail. Post office employees don’t have immunity from that law. If they chuck someone’s mail into a corner and knowingly let it rot, that’s felony tampering. 

• Taylor
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

That's why i mailed my ballot weeks ago, they accepted it

• sam
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Trump plan to cheat

• 4 weeks ago

While I'm no constitutional scholar, I don't remember reading anything about mail delivery in the Constitution.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • xg6
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Every organization in the world strives to do the best job that they can.  Trump's hand picked lackey is trying to destroy the US Post Office 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I can neither agree nor disagree because the USPS has never made that assertion. That said, there's obviously no Constitutional right because the first mail delivery services in the US didn't come about until the mid-1800s, 70 years after the Constitution was written, and were not even part of the US government, the USPS itself not being founded until 1971. 

• 4 weeks ago

I think there was a postal service fiasco about mail being delayed due to some "cutbacks". Maybe it's that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.