Electric Field Problem?
An electron enters the region of a uniform electric field with v1 = 3.0 × 10^6 m/s [right] and ε = 2.0 × 10^2 N/C [down]. The length of the plates is l = 0.10 m.
1) Write the equations of motion for the electron in the x and y directions
2) Determine the acceleration of the electron while it is in the electric field.
3) Determine the time taken by the electron to travel through the electric field.
4) What is the vertical displacement of the electron while it is in the electric field?
5) Determine the exit velocity, v2 of the electron.
- Anonymous3 weeks ago
1) x = V1*t
y = ½at²
2) a = q*E / m
3) t = 0.10m / V1
4) calculate y = ½at²
5) find Vy = a*t
and then V2 = √(V1² + Vy²)