Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Based on these facts should I be worried that my son is being used by a narcissist?

He's 23 and he's been dating his current girlfriend for 8 months

She moved out of her parents home and moved into my sons apartment 4 months into dating. She's now 2 months pregnant with my son's child. My son is excited about it, he's very naive and loving and thinks the best of people. She's an intern but does not have a paying job, her parents pay her bills.

She got out of a relationship just 4 months before she met my son. 

Their relationship started with her going to him for emotional support. Her ex broke things off with her and she was still in love with him. She told my son repeatedly that he didn't think she was good enough for her ex, she accused him of using her and said her heart was "shattered" and my son was always there for her. Taking her out to eat, bringing her out to distract her from being sad.

This ex still follows her on pinterest, instagram and is her friend on facebook. Despite all of her social media being private she keeps him on there.

She has asked my son to get a couples tattoo and she's pregnant yet she still seeks constant validation. She even asked my son to make a pinterest board devoted to her to share love quotes with her about how great she is.

Her ex sees all of this. Her ex is also obsessed with Harry Potter and has a HP tattoo. So of course she has a pinterest board with all harry potter clothes for the baby she's having with my son. It seems as if she wants her ex to see all of this and want her back or regret breaking up with her. 

Yes, I would be worried.

I'd also be heartsick that I raised such a loser.

• T J

Looks like you did not do too good of a job raising him, that he is so stupid to a woman using him.  Are you sure that baby is his?  He needs a DNA test before he signs a birth certificate. Maybe you will have the smarts to sit him down and explain all of this to him, and make sure he understands about the DNA test, It could belong to her ex.

• i + i

Yes, you "should" be worried. 

Do you think being worried is 

going to change anything?

that might be possible