Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 3 weeks ago

Which programming language do you prefer in terms of functionality, accessibility, flexibility, multi-use, and productivity? ?

This is for my thesis, I would really appreciate it if I could get at least a hundred answers answers. Thank you :) 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

C# and Java. In the old days C++ or Basic. 

• 3 weeks ago

C, C, C, C++, C

• Win
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Pascal was designed as a learning language.

Compiled pascal is the fastest running machine code.

Take a look at Delphi RAD Studio.

• 3 weeks ago

I like Python for functionality/accessibility/productivity because of its extensive open source library projects. Along this vein, it's multi-use because you can import libraries for neural nets, to work with servers and databases, do "fast math" of every flavor (numerical calculus, linear algebra, arithmetic), do data analysis and visualization, etc. But I wouldn't consider this approach flexible, as many libraries are actually implemented in c/c++, so it'd take learning another language to get to the meat of their implementations.

And you probably don't need my advice, but you won't get many answers for your thesis on Yahoo alone, so try Quora, Reddit, and Stack Exchange to pad out the number of responses.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • EddieJ
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't judge programming languages on any of those factors.  The only thing I consider is: Do I think that I can deliver the results that are needed for the particular project?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.