do you think we should be allowed to do homework in detention instead of punishment essays ?

i have just got home from serving a 1 and a half hour detention as a punishment for bad behavour in class, when we got to the detention room we were told to sit at our desks in TOTAL silence i thought we could do homework but the detention teacher said NO we would all be set a 3 page essay to write on why we were being punished, the essay would be set by the teacher that put me in detention, so i had to write an essay on the importance of behaving in class, by the time i got home from school then i had to do homework i had NO freetime, i think we should be allowed to do homework in detention that way we still have some freetime in the evening what do you think ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

In my day it was PUNISHMENT not STUDY HALL and an essay or other punishment was assigned.

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It is punishment, not study hall. 

You don’t want to waste your time, then don’t get a detention. 

• 3 weeks ago

Yes I think people should be allowed to do their homework while doing detention, I feel it's a good way for someone to get caught up on their homework assignments.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

This isn't the first time you've posted this, Becky.  Either you're recycling a previous incident to see what comments you can get, or you're just dumb enough to have earned  more detention time. In any case, the detention teacher was absolutely on target with what was required of you.  Maybe not having any free time in the evening to think up more mischief is what you need in order to wake you up. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

MORE detention, becky? And the same question again? You're a very slow learner ...

Of course they wouldn't let you do your homework. They MEANT you to have no free time: that was the punishment.

And btw, this is nothing to do with Etiquette. Move it to Education/Teaching.

• 4 weeks ago

You sure do get detention a lot.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i think its up to the teachers what you do

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Pretty sure the point of this exercise is precisely to make sure you have no free time. That is your real punishment. Avoid this by not repeating whatever actions landed you in detention. 

• 4 weeks ago

Awe cupcake, you get you wittle feewings hurt?? TOUGH! The whole thing is to teach you a lesson, not to give you extra time to do what you want so that you can be lazy the rest of the day. Frankly a three page essay is not nearly enough. You got off easy. 

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No - the homework still has to be done - at home.

Detention is separate.

You don't deserve free time in the evening.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.