Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why do people think dogs are more intelligent/better than cats? ?

People really think dogs are more intelligent because they are more domesticated and submissive than cats smh 

Let’s see : a cheetah vs a wolf? I think we would all know who would win. Any big cat would DEMOLISH a wolf. Not to mention big cats are just plain bad as$

If you are talking about house cats, then dogs are smarter. They can do all kind of tricks. And dogs seem to pay attention when you speak to them

Cheetah vs. Wolf may be another thing. You spoke in the first sentence of "domesticated". And bad-as*, just means tougher.

Simply because they are me little blueface gobshite pleb eh therefore unto madam?

Mistake one: a cheetah is not a cat. It is in a different family.

Mistake two: you use "better than" as if it were something measurable and understood the same way by all people. If you want a pet that will do what you want it to (usually, anyway), you go with a dog. If you want a pet that can be left on its own for a couple of days, a cat is better.

I will go along with you on a couple of things, though. One, cats score higher than dogs on intelligence tests. Two, pound for pound, cats can take on any dog. I saw a German shepherd try to take a bone away from a Siamese. One bat to the snoot and the dog never bothered the cat again. Where dogs have the advantage is that they will cooperate with one another. Pairs of afghans are used to take down panthers. With one on either side, they will eventually rip the panther's throat out.

You picked a bad comparison with cheetah. A big strong wolf would hold up pretty well against a cheetah. When it comes to packs of wild dogs, Lions and even Tigers fear them.

My guess is because they're idiots.

Sorry but this did make me laugh....   to give the strength comparison between a cheetah and a wolf to back up your claim that dogs are not any more intelligent than cats just makes you look more unintelligent than most humans I know.  

Good one Megan.... well done for showing yourself up. 

I had dogs they acted more "dumb" cats are more independent.

No idea. The easiness of training a dog as compared to a cat just shows they are weaker- minded.

Strength and speed are not signs of intelligence.  

Science has already proven it that domestic dogs are smarter than domestic cats.

A cheetah isnt necessarily smarter.. Size doesnt equate to intelligence.

Tho the average size range for a wolf is larger than the average size range for a cheetah.

A wolf would likely be in a pack.   Takes a level of intelligence to be able to collaborate and work together as a pack.

Cheetahs dont have the endurance that a wolf has tho either..  A wolf has that over a cheetah.

Wolves also have a stronger bite force than a cheetah.

Cheetahs also tend to be more flight than fight..  As far as large predators go, they are the lowest on the chain, with their speed being their only real advantage.

You wanna pick another big cat to use for comparison?