Anna asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Does any out there have experience with a period/menstrual cup?

If yes, what do you have to say? Do you recommend?

I bought a menstrual cup in February 2019 and I'll never go back to tampons. I've always had a heavy flow, so I used a tampon and a pad just in case of leaks (which happened quite a bit). I would go through around 6 tampons a day on my heaviest days, so it was quite expensive for me. I bought a cup to save money on tampons and it's worked just as well. It takes a while to get the hang of; you have to make sure that it's sealed up there and there are no folds in it, otherwise the blood will leak out. But once you get it, it's amazing. All you do is pull it out, dump it, rinse it and put it back in. The stem isn't really helpful, your fingers are going right up there to put it in and take it out. I don't mind, but other women might. It's definitely messier than tampons because your fingers have to go up there, but the money it saves me is totally worth it. You don't have to worry about bringing along extra tampons because the cup only needs to be dumped and replaced.

• Robin

In our clinic they are listed as obsolete