Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

Are military people ever afraid of death?

Of course they are. That's why chaplains exist. 

• RICK

Frequently,  but no more than most civilians

Everyone is afraid of dying even people like Donald Trump and King John Un are.

Yes. I am afraid I’ll be killed. It’s a dangerous job. I think about it daily. 

"Afraid" meaning fear.  Yes, military people suffer fear.  They also learn how to channel that fear, how to set it aside, and concentrate on their mission.  That's why most (not all) military people make excellent employees.  They know how to focus on a mission, eliminate obstacles, and get the job done. 

People are people are they not and does that even answer this question? I do hope that in the military, it's troops know that such is a possibility; always. The odds are what depends?

• John

We all die, it's just a matter of when and where.

Yes, almost all people fear death.

Of course. They are human beings. We all fear death (even those who deny it).

Of course. But once you accept the fact that you can die at any time. You can fuction.