Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

Is my test a very faint positive or negative?

I did not take this in the dark I used a pregnancy test checker so it adjust the light because I can see a very faint second line when I adjusted the light 

• Sandy

always use a morning first void specimen for pregnancy tests. it's more concentrated.

Anytime you doubt the test results - just wait about four more days and if a period doesn't start - test again.

Be sure to use the first pee of the day.  Pregnancy hormones build up in urine while you sleep and the best result will happen with that first morning urine.

Your image is too dark to see but if you think the line is "faint" then it could be an evap line and not a positive - which means there is reason to doubt the test.

• guess  you'll  find  out  in  8+  months … when  something  "plops"  into  the  toilet  bowl?

• ?

Negative.  Pregnancy tests aren't guessing games.  If you have enough HCG in your urine, the line will be very clear and bold.  If you had unprotected sex and your period is late, take another test in 2 days.  If your period isn't late yet, then you need to wait until it is at lest 3-4 days late before testing.  

• helene

How can we possibly discern anything "faint" from a photo you took IN THE DARK?

I'm calling it a negative.

Edit: If you have to use camera tricks to see it, it isn't there.