Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Can I make it so my child cant be around their stepmother ?

Hi so im pregnant and my child father arent together he’s married and i dont get along with the wife. So can i go too court and make it so my child cant be around my child. i feel as though she wants too b involved just so she doesnt lose him i dont believe she has my child best interest at heart. why would she want too be involved if this baby was made on her ? from my own experiences i dont want my child too feel left out and not really loved

Can your child not be around your child?  What?

You could attempt to block the FATHER'S visitation with the child in the presence of his wife by requesting supervised visitation (an unrelated person would be present at all visitation), visitation only in your home and under your supervision, no visitation at all.  The problem is you need to PROVE that the stepmother is a danger to the child.  I don't know if she is OR if you have proof.

I don't know why she wants to be involved.  Maybe the stepmother thinks that you having a child with her husband means you are not the best choice to mother your child (with her husband) and, based on that information, she and her husband plan to apply for sole custody.  Of course, she would need to PROVE you are unfit.

A Court will decide if you make good decisions in life.

• MissA

You can certainly ask the court.  However they basically are going to say "no" unless you can prove something much more serious is the matter with her than "she wants to be really involved with the baby" and "she acts like she might love a child she didn't help make." 

Incidentally both of those are generally *good* things in a  potential stepparent.  You're going to have to deal with that at some point.

No you can't.  That is wrong on so many levels.  Whatever or however you feel about the man, it's wrong to deny your child access to his father.     What your trying to do is very very wrong.   

• i + i

No, you can't    .

People are saying move away but if the father wants to see his kid, the courts will make your kid fly on airplane over summer vacations to visit the father. If you move away, your kid will be spending their whole summer vacation with the father. You shouldn't have told him that you were pregnant.

• T J

Abortion would be the best way.

• Sandy

move as far as away as you can from your baby's father's family while the child is unborn and you have control. move closer to your family for support with the baby. the stepmother will use the fact that you have no support system as leverage to stay around the baby.

You can’t do that just because you don’t like her. There’d have to be a proper reason such as she being a threat to your child and the courts would have to agree with you.