Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

If someone has a problem With alcohol for a couple days ?

So the thing about me is that I drink heavy for a few days and by drink heavy I mean chugging tequila and seltzer water at 3am.. but I am

Also able to drop the habit in a split second.

When I need to go to work or when I need to get mandatory things done, I am an adult about the situation and am able to get everything done. 

I don’t know what’s wrong with me because I go

In and out of these spells. Where I am

Completely in control

And then the next second, completely out of control, which has caused me

To have severe panic attacks. When I say severe I mean not even being able to comfortably go to the nail salon to get my nails done. 

I can’t figure out what’s wrong with me,

But I need answers. I feel like I’m

A ticking time

Bomb who is holding their breathe under water.

I don’t have money for a psychiatrist or doctor

And I really Dont know What to do. 

My father was a functioning alcoholic.  You meet the criteria.  What is wrong with you?  You're a Binge Alcoholic.  You are NOT able to "drop the habit."  If you WERE able to "drop the habit," you wouldn't cause yourself to have panic attacks, dizzy spells, whatever else.  

You need to consult with a Physician.  Maybe you need in hospital treatment.  Maybe you need Therapy.  I have no idea.  No money for a Psychiatrist or Doctor?  Then borrow money, look for free services, check into local Churches.

You ae a danger to yourself and others.  The truth is just that brutal.  My father single handedly ruined 30 years of his life (he also thought he could "drop the habit" at any time, right up until he had a heard attack at age 40) and did a pretty good job of screwing up my childhood.

FIND SOMEONE WHO TREATS ALCOHOLISM and make an appointment for your own sake and for the people who love you. 

• LAN

You can't fix stupid except with death.  Sounds like you will be there soon.  Good riddance.

Start going to AA meetings, you don't need to be drinking daily to be an alcoholic. You need to get on top of this before you find that you do need to drink daily and you've lost your job and your home.