Is this enough spending money? ?

My boyfriend and I are going on a trip to visit one of my best friends in Tennessee. We’re leaving on a Thursday coming home on a Sunday, so 4 days total. Airfare is already paid for. I’m assuming we’ll be doing Dinner out Thursday, lunch and dinner out Friday and Saturday and brunch Sunday before our flight plus food at the airport. We plan to treat them to brunch Sunday as a thank you, obviously pay for us for lunches and dinners for the 2 of us plus Maybe a souvenir like a magnet or T-shirt.  Is $500 enough spending money? 

• bubula

Just want to add that during this pandemic, it would be a much better idea to arrange curbside pickup of takeout meals than to go into restaurants. Please be safe.

You'll still have a wonderful time.

• T J

When I go away, I plan on $200 a day, and I also have a credit card just in case. For a week away, its nothing for me to spend $2500 for the week. But im away, I can afford it, and I do not like to have to watch money while treating myself for some pleasure. In your case, Id think if you had $700 just in case..You can watch your money, you do not have to spend it all, just a secure feeling of having a cushion. You want to have a nice time, and not worry so much about money.  Have a great time!!!!

Check out online restaurants near where you plan to take your friends and work out from the menu how much that meal is likely to cost you and then arrange your spending allowance accordingly.  I would personally budget for an extra couple of hundred on top......just in case.  You don't have to spend it all but it would be rather embarrassing if you ran out of money.