Now this could be a dodgy question but, I'm gonna ask it anyway. What do you think is better, love marriage or, arranged marriage?

• Cathy
    Favorite Answer

Love marriage. I have watched arranged marriage TV shows and they usually do not work. 

Better for what? Arranged marriages are generally better in societies that value producing offspring and not divorcing, as there is a societal or familial obligation to stay married and have children. Romantic marriages are a natural consequence of granting bodily autonomy, and are generally considered better in societies that value freedom. As far as actual happiness goes, they are probably equally likely of ending up "happy" or bad", but in the former, there is likely at least some social pressure to try to make it work, and in the latter, it's easier to get out of. 

For me, a love marriage. But there isn't anything wrong with an arranged marriage if it's what the couple want.

• Judy

A love marriage is better.